Companies in the Belmont Group provide financial services solutions – corporate services, trustee services, administration and insurance management. The Belmont Group companies were established by the then partners of KPMG in the British Virgin Islands. Our reputation, professionalism and quality of service are second to none. We provide the confidence that your affairs are being administered to the highest possible standards. Our team comprises both local and overseas professionals from a wide range of backgrounds and a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you meet your business needs.
Belmont Trust Limited was established to provide corporate and fiduciary services. Belmont Trust Limited holds a general trust licence under the Banks and Trust Companies Act and is regulated by the BVI Financial Services Commission.
In addition to advising on the establishment of the BVI implications of any new structure, formation and assisting with regulatory compliance issues, we can provide full administration services, including registered office facilities, annual accounts and bank relationship management. We will administer your affairs to the highest possible standards of discretion and prudence to meet the needs of each particular situation. We can offer:
- company formation
- corporate secretarial services
- limited partnership formation
- mutual fund formation
- mutual fund licensing
- providing registered office and registered agent
- accounting and re-invoicing services
- establishing bank and investment accounts
- dissolution and liquidation services
- establishing trusts
- trustee services
- trust accounting and portfolio valuation services
- safe custody of trust documentation and records.
Belmont Insurance Management Limited is licensed under the Insurance Act to provide insurance management services, including:
- advice on establishing offshore captive insurance and reinsurance companies
- completion of the licensing application process for insurance companies
- providing a resident Insurance Manager
- providing a principal office of insurer in the British Virgin Islands
- establishing reinsurance programmes for the captive insurance company
- advice on policy rating and issuance
- claims administration and loss control
- accounting services and maintenance of proper books and records as prescribed by the Insurance Regulations 1995
- liaison with actuaries and auditors.
John Greenwood - John has been a qualified chartered accountant for over twenty five years, specialising in offshore financial services with KPMG in the UK and Caribbean. John has been with the BVI office since 1985 and during such time has been primarily responsible for the development of the firm’s assurance and business services in the British Virgin Islands. John has accumulated an extensive knowledge of the offshore financial services industry, particularly in the trust company, company management, banking, mutual funds and captive insurance fields. John became Senior Partner of the British Virgin Islands partnership of KPMG on 1 July 1992 and Managing Director of Baker Tilly (BVI) Limited on 1 October 2004. John has been a member of the Marketing Advisory Committee of The BVI Finance Centre (“BVIFC”), as well as Chairman of The Association of BVI Mutual Fund Practitioners.
Andrea Douglas – Andrea qualified as a chartered accountant in New Zealand in 1987 and joined the BVI office of KPMG in 1990. In 1995, she became a partner of KPMG and on 1 October 2004 became the international contact director for Baker Tilly (BVI) Limited. Since 1998, she has been responsible for the Firm’s corporate and fiduciary services practice. Andrea is a member of STEP, a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and an associate member of the Compliance Institute. She is managing director of Belmont Trust Limited and Belmont Insurance Management Limited
Back to top